The core of our mission is welcoming patients and caregivers on their medical journey. In order for this critical work to continue, here is what Hospitality House of Charlotte is doing to keep delivering the services on which our patients and caregivers rely:
- The House has on hand needed supplies, including hand sanitizer, disinfectant, and gloves;
- Janitorial partners will continue daily cleaning services with additional attention to high-touch surfaces;
- Increased screening of patients/caregivers, individual volunteers, and staff based on hospital-directed guidelines;
- Suspension of all group volunteer activities on site (specific information regarding that is forthcoming for those who are impacted);
- Employees with symptoms of illness are asked to stay home;
- Coordination with our hospital partners to ensure that we have open communication to ensure correct information as this situation unfolds.
This is an emerging and rapidly evolving situation. The following sources are excellent resources for specific information, guidance, and instructions for infection control and prevention:
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention – https://www.cdc.gov/
World Health Organization – https://www.who.int/
NC Public Health – https://publichealth.nc.gov/
We are doing our part to help in containing the spread of the Coronavirus.
Wishing you all good health,