Our volunteers are valued and treasured – as a volunteer, we consider you part of our HHOC family. That’s because your support is invaluable. We couldn’t assist the number of families in the way we are able to without your help. We rely on volunteers to keep our house running and to offer the best experience possible for our guests who are experiencing such a difficult time. All of this ultimately helps us keep the costs low to our guests, which is one of the most necessary aspects of the experience.
- Check guests in/out
- Answer general questions about HHOC
- Greet guests/volunteer groups
- Work with basic technology to support Operations Staff
- Must be 18 years or older
- Put away and organize clean linen
- Rotate and organize pantry items
- Put away large in-kind donations when received
- Keep storage closets tidy
- Must be 15 years or older
- Provisions pick-up volunteers – we often have businesses willing to donate items but we need volunteers to help pick them up
- Gather items from our wish list
- Become a kitchen assistant, which involves keeping the kitchen clean, stocked and organized
- Host a fundraising event to raise funds for family stays at HHOC
For more information on individual opportunities, contact Sophia Zon at 704.376.0060 ext. 202 or email@example.com.