Prepare a Meal
Our guests have wonderful feedback about staying at HHOC but one of the things we hear the most is how wonderful the meals are that are prepared by volunteers!
Patients and families are able to receive a break from eating out or vending machines when volunteers prepare meals. It’s a rewarding experience for our volunteers to come to HHOC, meet guests, and connect with those in need. You will truly leave knowing you made a difference.
- We ask volunteers to prepare for approximately 20 people when planning a meal.
- There are no dietary restrictions.
- You may cook on-site using our equipment or cook off-site and deliver the meal.
- Sign up on our volunteer meal calendar to easily see which dates are available.
- Meals can be prepared for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, 7 days a week.
- We do not have set dining times as guests have varying schedules.
- Please allow time for your group to clean up after cooking.
What to Bring?
- Please bring ALL ingredients to prepare your meal.
- We have a fully equipped kitchen including pots, pans, utensils, plates, cups, serving dishes, ice, three microwaves and two stoves. Bringing paper products for serving will help make clean-up easier.
Our guests are so grateful for any meals that are cooked for them. They often ask for the recipe so we love when cooks are creative. A few menu examples include:
- Your favorite CrockPot or Instapot creation
- Soup and chilies
- Homemade soups, stews and chilis
- Meatloaf or pot roasts
- Deli sandwiches and deli salads
- BBQ pork or chicken
- Chicken dishes
- Your favorite casseroles
- Hot breakfasts
Ready to Cook?
If for any reason you are unable to bring the meal you have signed up for, please email Sophia Zon, at firstname.lastname@example.org so we are aware of the cancellation.