Prepare a Meal
Our guests often have wonderful feedback about staying at HHOC but one of the things we hear the most is how wonderful the meals are that are prepared by our volunteers! Would you like to join the ranks of our amazing chefs?
Patients and families are able to receive a break from eating out or snacking from vending machines when volunteers prepare meals. It’s a rewarding experience for our volunteers to come to HHOC, meet guests, and connect with those in need. You will truly leave knowing you made a difference.
- We ask volunteers to prepare for approximately 20-25 people when planning a meal.
- There are no dietary restrictions.
- You may cook on-site using our equipment or cook off-site and deliver the meal.
- Sign up on our meal/snack planning calendar to easily see which dates are available.
- Meals can be prepared for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Snacks and desserts only are also great for our guests.
- We do not have set dining times as guests have varying schedules due to their patient’s specific needs at the hospital.
- Please allow time for your group to clean up after cooking. If you are able to bring paper products for serving, that will help make clean-up easier.
What to Bring?
- Please bring All ingredients to prepare your meal.
- We have a fully equipped kitchen including pots, pans, utensils, plates, cups, serving dishes, ice, three microwaves and two stoves.
Our guests are so grateful for any meals that are cooked for them. They often ask for the recipe so we love when cooks are creative. A few menu examples include:
- Baked potato bar
- Soup and chilies
- Tacos and enchiladas
- Chicken dishes
- CrockPot meals and casseroles
- Hot breakfast
Ready to Cook?
If for any reason you are unable to bring the meal you have signed up for, please email Sophia Zon, at email@example.com so we are aware of the cancellation.