Meals That Heal
Enjoying a homemade meal allows patients and families to relax and feel the support of the community around them. During this activity, you will have the opportunity to meet some guests of Hospitality House and know that you have made a difference in their day.
Individuals or groups of up to 6 people are invited to cook for guests in our kitchen. Please review the guidelines below prior to scheduling your activity.
See below to schedule your time!
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Group size is limited to a maximum of 6 people.
- Face masks are required for all participants.
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome, but children under the age of 18 must be accompanied be a responsible adult.
- You may cook onsite using HHOC’s equipment or offsite for meal delivery. Please review the meal guidelines below.
- Upon arrival, volunteers will sign in and complete a liability waiver.
- A staff member or House volunteer will talk about our mission and answer any questions that your group might have!
- Prepare enough for 12-15 guests.
- All meals must be individually portioned. Buffet service is not permitted. Consider a menu that can easily be portioned, refrigerated, and ready to reheat.
- Portion containers will be provided by HHOC. Shop our wish lists to help keep these items stocked!
- Volunteers are responsible for portioning, labeling, and placing their meals in the communal refrigerator for guests to enjoy at their convenience.
- Volunteers are asked to clean and put away all used equipment prior to departure.
WHAT TO BRING
- Please bring ALL ingredients needed to prepare your meal.
- Any specialty equipment needed. HHOC has a fully equipped kitchen including pots, pans, utensils, ice, microwave, stove, and oven.
- Remember to bring your face mask!
- We ask that volunteers bring paper towels and trash bags to help with clean-up.
- Please note that HHOC is an alcohol-free facility.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 11:00AM – 8:00PM
(Last available start time is 6:00PM)
- Select Holidays
Weekly meals are limited to one per available day in order to avoid food waste and to best accommodate our guests’ needs. See the schedule below for available dates.