How GROUPS can help:
Hold a supply drive! We are always in need of household items, some of our greatest needs are listed below:
- toilet paper
- paper products
- laundry detergent pods
- breakfast items, coffee, pantry items
Grab some co-workers, friends or family and come cook a meal for the families at HHOC!
- Our guests are so blessed when they come “home” from the hospital from visiting their loved one and there is a meal prepared for them. Often the meals give families a time together to just unwind from the day.
- For more details on providing a meal click the prepare a meal button below
Make Goodie Bags for HHOC guests! Oftentimes guest come with only the clothes on their back. An extra toothbrush, a snack, or note of encouragement goes a long way!
- Individual and groups can prepare Goodie bags off-site or at HHOC, great way to get kids involved.
Gather items off our wishlists.
- We have an Amazon and Target wishlist.
- You can also select Hospitality House of Charlotte as your charity on Amazon Smile.
Host a fundraising event or drive at an off-site location
- This is a great way to get to get kids involved, schools or corporate organizations without a time commitment.
Come out as a group for some cleaning and organizing
- We are able to host groups smaller than 10 members a few times a month to help give the “home” a little extra TLC. Volunteers must be able to perform manual cleaning AND possess the ability to lift 15-20 lbs. If this sounds like a good fit for your group please contact Bryn for more details.
Landscaping (seasonal-As Needed) – HHOC will allow one landscaping group a month
- Individuals and groups smaller than 10 members interested in landscaping? contact Bryn.
Create a fun craft for the guests or HHOC
- Some examples are decor around the different holidays, tie fleece blankets and decorative hanging door decor for each of the guest room doors.
For more information on Group Volunteer activities, please contact Bryn Knudson at (704) 376-0060 X 202 or email@example.com. Thanks!
Group Volunteer FAQ’s
Thank you for your commitment to the Hospitality House of Charlotte and our guests. Please see the FAQs below for answers to common questions.
Q: How many guests should I prepare a meal or goodie bags for?
A: We ask that you prepare enough food or goodie bags to accommodate 30-35 guests at a time. Leftovers are always appreciated as well!
Q: How big can my volunteer group be?
A: We ask for groups no larger than 10 individuals due to the size limitations of our house.
Q: Can children volunteer at HHOC?
A: Yes, individuals under age 18 can volunteer at HHOC as long as they are volunteering in a group setting with an accompanying adult. If you have a group made up primarily of children, please contact Bryn Knudson (704-376-0060 x 202) for approval prior to your group’s volunteer date.
Q: Where do I park when I come to volunteer?
A: Volunteers can park on the street along Kenilworth Avenue, in the gravel lot located at 1412 Scott Avenue, or on Pierce Street.
Q: Where do volunteers go when they arrive?
A: Volunteers can report to the Front Desk via the front entrance of the house (facing Scott Ave).
Q: Will my group learn more about HHOC and their mission?
A: Yes, a staff member or volunteer on duty during your visit will give you a tour, a brief description of our mission, and answer any questions that your group has.
Q: Are we allowed to bring alcohol during a volunteer event?
A: No, HHOC is an alcohol free facility. If a recipe that you are making requires a small amount of alcohol (for cooking) please contact Bryn Knudson (704-376-0060 x 202) for approval prior to your group’s volunteer date.
Q: Is there any paperwork I need to complete before arriving to volunteer with my group?
A: No, we just ask that you sign up on our Group Calendar so we know when to expect you and your group. Upon you arrival to the Hospitality House we will have a group sign-in on the computer at the front prior to the start of your group’s activity.
Q: Do groups need to bring specific items with them for the volunteer activity?
A: Meal Groups: HHOC will provide all the kitchen utensils, plateware, cookware, etc. We will also provide gloves for use when preparing food. We highly recommend wearing gloves when working with the food. Cleaning Groups: We ask cleaning groups to bring their own cleaning supplies. HHOC will have cleaning supplies for those groups that can’t provide their own. Ex. rolls of paper towels, multi-purpose cleaning spray, glass cleaner, dusting supplies. Landscaping Groups: HHOC will supply any tools needed.