- Organize/prepare a meal for our guests
- Gather items from our wish list
- Goodie Bags
- Individuals and groups can prepare bags at HHOC or off-site and deliver them to our property. Great way to get kids involved and something fun they can do.
- Host a fundraising event or drive at an off-site location
- This is a great way to get to get kids involved, schools or corporate organizations without a time commitment.
- We are able to host groups smaller than 12 members a few times a month to help us give the House a nice deep cleaning. Volunteers must be able to perform manual cleaning AND possess the ability to lift 15-20 lbs. If this sounds like a good fit for your group and to find out more about this opportunity please contact Bryn.
- Landscaping (seasonal-As Needed)
- Individuals and groups smaller than 12 members interested in landscaping? contact Bryn.
For more information on Group Volunteer activities, please contact Bryn Heinicke at (704) 376-0060 X 202 or email@example.com. Thanks!
Group Volunteer FAQ’s
Thank you for your commitment to the Hospitality House of Charlotte and our guests. Please see the FAQs below for answers to common questions.
Q: How many guests should I prepare a meal or goodie bags for?
A: We ask that you prepare enough food or goodie bags to accommodate 30-35 guests at a time. Leftovers are always appreciated as well!
Q: How big can my volunteer group be?
A: We ask for groups no larger than 12 individuals due to the size limitations of our house.
Q: Can children volunteer at HHOC?
A: Yes, individuals under age 18 can volunteer at HHOC as long as they are volunteering in a group setting with an accompanying adult. If you have a group made up primarily of children, please contact Bryn Heinicke (704-376-0060 x 202) for approval prior to your group’s volunteer date.
Q: Where do I park when I come to volunteer?
A: Volunteers can park on the street along Kenilworth Avenue, in the gravel lot located at 1412 Scott Avenue, or on Pierce Street.
Q: Where do volunteers go when they arrive?
A: Volunteers can report to the Front Desk via the front entrance of the house (facing Scott Ave).
Q: Will my group learn more about HHOC and their mission?
A: Yes, a staff member or volunteer on duty during your visit will give you a tour, a brief description of our mission, and answer any questions that your group has.
Q: Are we allowed to bring alcohol during a volunteer event?
A: No, HHOC is an alcohol free facility. If a recipe that you are making requires a small amount of alcohol (for cooking) please contact Bryn Heinicke (704-376-0060 x 202) for approval prior to your group’s volunteer date.
Q: Is there any paperwork I need to complete before arriving to volunteer with my group?
A: No, we just ask that you sign up on our Group Calendar so we know when to expect you and your group. Upon you arrival to the Hospitality House we will have a group sign-in sheet available for your group that will need to be completed before your group’s departure.